So people ask – how can I feel happy when I feel up against it?
How well do you handle challenges?
As mentioned in the above video, I suggest that you use the following strategies to keep calm when everything feels it is going wrong:
- Find a way to learn from the challenge. Challenging times can be excellent learning opportunities. There’s a lesson in there somewhere, but you must look for it. Ask yourself how you can prevent a similar situation from happening again. Learn from the “mistake” so you never repeat it again.
- Avoid letting your emotions get the best of you. Take a step back and be objective while analysing the situation.
- Ask yourself what you can do about it. Then listen to the answers you receive. Stay focused on solutions and avoid dwelling or obsessing on the problems. Worrying resolves nothing!
- If you’re feeling stressed, some vigorous exercise will help. It doesn’t matter if it’s brisk walking, running, swimming or dancing. Most importantly, take care of yourself. Even during stressful times, it’s important to eat natural healthy foods and to get enough sleep.
PLUS, not mentioned in the above short video…..
- Focus on a positive attitude. A challenging situation doesn’t have to cover up all the good things in life. Make a list of the many things that create a sense of gratitude in your life.
By focusing on the positive, the negative will hold less power over you. The good feelings you generate will increase your ability to overcome the situation.
- Realise that the situation is temporary. You’ve had many challenging times in your life, but you’ve survived all of them. It’s often surprising how much a situation can change in just a couple of days, weeks, or months. Just take it one day at a time and you’ll come out on the other side – remember there’s always light at the end of a tunnel.
- Help someone else. Helping others is an effective way to maintain a healthy perspective. There are people all over the world that would gladly swap places with you, because they are dealing with their challenging situation! Put your attention on helping someone else. You’ll feel much better by giving.
- Ask for help. There are many people in your life that would be happy to provide a helping hand. All you have to do is ask. Wouldn’t you help someone if asked?
- Perhaps there’s a silver lining to your situation. If you look hard enough, the challenging situation might provide a huge learning curve. You’re unlikely to find it if you don’t look.
- Visualise a positive outcome. In many respects, you get what you expect. Take a few minutes each day and visualise a highly positive outcome.
Your perspective can make all the difference. A negative outlook can make finding a solution impossible. Use the tools suggested. Remember that the circumstances will eventually pass. Do your part to ensure they pass as quickly and smoothly as possible.